Moving and Handling Training for Occupational Therapists
Various Course Lengths Available
Our very popular Occupational Therapist update course has established Ergoway as one of the leading providers of training to the healthcare and social care sectors. We specialize in contextualizing learning events to meet individual and organisational need. The example below is for an OT annual update, but we can deliver a range of moving and handling courses.
The Aim... To provide an engaging and interactive training session which helps participants understand current policy and practice relating to moving and handling. Provide an update around this area of work which reflects current and national best practice. To provide a section on theory and a practical session. To update community occupational therapists specific to their role within their setting.
Objectives / Learning Outcomes
By completing these sessions participants will be able to:
- Demonstrate understanding of essential moving and handling legislation and professional standards in care/community settings and recent developments relating to this practice within the last 12 months.
- Site legal precedents, case law and equipment updates in the last 12 months.
- Be able to complete suitable and sufficient risk assessments where moving and handling applies to objects and people and ensure details are in line with the requirements of the guidance on manual handling operations regulations.
- Be more aware of safe moving and handling principles & practices, back care awareness, safety of self, customer, carers and others.
- Evaluate equipment using a comparative study for assisting people from the floor.
- Practice and develop skills and competencies relating to moving and handling which reflects national best-practice, complex handling and single carer handling techniques and equipment.
We continue with invaluable support to you after the course has finished. We are here to answer any queries you may have once you return to work