Childrenl Handling Courses
Various Course Lengths Available
We offer several children handling courses from a practical update, half day, one day and train the trainer. The sample aims and outcomes are for a practical one day update.
- To provide staff with the practical skills needed to perform manual handling tasks as safely as possible and to meet relevant legislative and organisational needs.
- The main content of this update is to achieve evidenced based practice e.g. the Derbyshire Inter-Agency Group Code of Practice (DIAG) approach but also meet other national and evidenced based standards in the UK.
- To provide practical training to ensure staff maintains competence to fulfil the role regarding manual handling.
Objectives / Learning Outcomes
- Be able to implement DIAG/evidenced based practice into the workplace.
- Be competent in relation to manual handling of children.
We continue with invaluable support to you after the course has finished. We are here to answer any queries you may have once you return to work